Wednesday, February 22, 2017

old photo #3



Driving over the Story Bridge, Brisbane. 29th May 2010 8:12pm

I had an interesting and happy connection with the bridge between 2009 and 2012.
As a tour guide - I lead many a successful trip, showing off the marvellous views from its central-city location.

Heading home after a sunset tour, I loved how close the supports of the bridge were in the outside lanes, and guessed that they might help to show "movement". The lights from the road deck lit up my dashboard in a cool way, and it almost felt like a tunnel... that went 'over' the river.

*Bonus Points for there being an actual tunnel under the river in the exact same spot.

I still kind of miss it.


Photo taken on the good old Nikon D50/Tokina 11-16mm (set to 11) at 1/8sec, f2.8 ISO 1600

No comments: