well at least for the next 46 days.
Flights home from London were interesting.
Delays in Heathrow meant that we departed an hour and a half behind schedule. Coupled with a 40 min delay circling the airport in Dubai, I landed AFTER the boarding time of the connecting flight to Brisbane.
Exit the aircraft, RUN to security, RUN to the boarding gate... and meet 80 other passengers doing the exact same thing.
Ooops – turns out I wasn't the only person swapping planes from london to brisbane.
Uneventful flight to singapore (well, except for a harsh foggy-landing), more bland air-time to brisbane.
Managed to fit 7 movies into the near 21-hrs of travel.
- Unstoppable – surprisingly good
- The A team – not so surprisingly bad
- Sorcerers Apprentice - meh
- Inside Job (doco) – meh squared (shocking how it got to that point though)
- Frequently asked questions about time travel – slow start, but extremely good
- Ratatouille – still one of the best pixar films out
- His Girl Friday – rapid-fire dialog from the 40's = yes please.
Met at the airport by a good mate, who dropped me back by about 0200.
The last few days have been about, dealing with the inevitable jet-lag, slowly unpacking, and deciding on my future plans.
The success-rate of those 3 things = not so good, pretty abysmal, and quite decisive.
Ticket is booked for my canadian odyssey.
I depart Australia, vancouver-bound; on the 29th of March 2011.
Return date is locked in just before my work-visa expires on the 17th of January 2012.
Time to pack-up my life, and move halfway around the world.
Photos and other things
London tube station
A380 on the way home