Tuesday, September 11, 2012

time...


...to fly away.


I'm off downtown to catch a bus... that will take me to the airport... where I'll board a plane... to Boston... where I'll sit in a lounge for a bit... get on another plane... fly across the atlantic (and up a bit)... before finally landing in Reykjavik, Iceland... tomorrow morning...

I've spent a week off already, and haven't really done too much aside from hangin'out and trying to recover from the past 11 weeks.

perfect time to take a little trip to the edge of the arctic.

planned activities involve hiking on a volcano, walking on a glacier, kayaking on a fjord, and trying to see the "northern lights"

we'll see just how successful i am, when returning to halifax next monday.

photos from the past week


'twas a lil foggy early morning mid-week, got some AWESOME shots... (the one at the title spot is my favorite of the year so far!)





ahhh the disney cruise ship (has a very "musical" fog-horn)


there was a slight concern about a hurricane (caused a massive amount of rain yesterday), but it seems to have moved off to the northern atlantic (iceland next?)


morning fog (post rain)





our B cam op was an amazing fellow - he managed to hook me up with a sachet of vegemite...
my first hit since home!
add one coffee and a tim tam for good measure, and I'm one chuffed lil' aussie





bags all packed for the iceland trip.
green one is my new day-pack :)





ready?
better be!

ok, see you all in a bit.

off to the land of fire and ice!

No comments: