Sunday, August 19, 2012

burning...


...down the house?





I was making a coffee while getting ready to head off on a hike last sunday with a new friend; and I managed to scald my left hand - in the EXACT SAME way that I did 4+1/2 months ago (just before my flight to LA for the steadicam course...)

Scald me once... shame on you?
Scald me twice... mutha-f@cker that hurts! what kind of idiot does it TWICE!!!!!

With the hand wrapped up in some lidocaine cream courtesy of my first Eastern WALMART excursion, it was time to go for a little hike along the cliff paths of the york redoubt historic site.



yay - Nature!





no kidding, this guy was just "hauling" the mackerel out of the sea, sometimes 3 at a time... he offered us quite a few as a gift (even gutted and cleaned them)





cargo ship on its way out





looking east to sleepy cove





abandoned naval base historic site (closed to the public with many warning signs... and holes in the fences)





much graffiti and wise-ass comments around... loved the pac-man ghost.



time to head back into the breech once more friends, and swing a stick for some cold-hard cash...



welcome greetings from around the globe. Funny, I always thought it was "kia ora"...






another POV, showcasing my new cameras shallow Depth of Field :)






culture day in the halls of Xavier Academy (with a side serving of aussie-pride)





on the right is a normal hand, on the left... one scalded by 90 deg water 3 days earlier...





2nd AC Riley strikes a pose (I'm extremely happy with how this photo turned out)





locations keeps it cool with a "shark-fan"





MEGA-COOKIE!!!!! soooo many mini-MnMs, and on only one half?





crew directions for two completely different shows. (we're D, I wonder who C is for?)





no reason for this shot, other than I liked the way the light hit the sign...





Ian sits in the window during lunch, contemplating life, the universe, everything... and his healing hand





more foggy views from 1001 winchester





sometimes shooting crew are used for signs, and set dressing (most books you see on screen are "authored" by crew members, and most lists include names, craftily hidden-in).
In a few rare cases - their image may be used for a memorial photo... goodbye Gilles (our Line producer), you shall be missed by all :)





Utility Stand-ins Dennis and Diane - the unsung heroes of film/TV production, these guys/gals need to be able to re-create the actors movements and positions while the crew sets-up a shot, Diane is keeping things light which is appreciated.





reflection





boom-pole POV = I love my new camera!





finally made it down to the local farmers market on saturday morning, something I've been been meaning to do for a while...





really fresh Veges = tasty salad





Weekly WTF = scary eagle sculpture at the farmers market... truly terrifying, and truly AWESOME!





Firefly reference for Neil...





another angle on the title photo refinery billowing on a sunny sunday afternoon


well, only two shooting weeks to go on this job - we'll see what comes up next...

all the best,
Ian

No comments: