Sunday, July 15, 2012

Another week...


...another blog-post.

My weekends are falling into a regular rhythm.

Saturdays are filled with a massive sleep-in, followed by quite literally nothing. (more sleep or reading, perhaps catching up on some TV)

Sundays are for getting out and about.

last week was all about the local trail that I'm attempting to use as my fitness-outlet in Halifax

Sure, I haven't been running as much in the last 2 weeks due to my inability to deal with minor sicknesses - but as you can see from the title photo, it was just too nice a day to NOT go for a walk.

So I strapped-on the camera, and headed-off to show you some of the local area.




first up was a little tour past the old studio from season 1.





This may be one of my favorite shots from 2012 (and I have a few to choose from this year!)





another angle on the storage silos





it takes around 12 minutes to run to the park from my accommodation





it's probably the closest place to go running on non-pavement, with surfaces varying from sandy gravel...





...right through to wood-chip/stone





anyone know if this is a Blue-Jay?





seems to be the right colour and size





SQUIRREL





they're just so jittery...





...I know that the locals think of them as rats, and would like them to all just go away... but seriously! they rock





lighthouse view.





mmmmmmm industrial...





rock-stacks, oh how I've missed you... (people seem to make these on EVERY trail in BC)





beach-y cove thingy... with the port in the BG





pine onto birch, via maple?





semi-disgusting swamp-lake-thingy





flag on a train.





worlds saddest beach patrol location...




By wednesday there was still no word of reply from the Vancouver Airport immigrations office - so I sleuthed a phone number to the payment office from my receipt, and bluffed my way into another more accurate and direct number...

I managed to actually SPEAK to someone, who was as confused as me - so they placed me on hold, and found someone a little more senior...

...who was extremely abrupt and rude. (guessing that sensitivity training isn't a priority with these guys)

Apparently I'm a complete fool for accepting the decisions made by both my payroll company and service canada. The work visa is LEGAL AND VALID, and they're not going to print me another one.

ok... great, it's becoming a little bit of "he said, she said"... I don't care who's right and who's wrong - I just want it sorted.

the office of my show called back the payroll company and told them what's going on; they are now happy to accept the visa (WTF! thanks for making us jump through un-necessary hoops)

next-stop... getting Service Canada to recognise the visa, so I can have my Social Insurance Number re-validated.

Which means taking time off-set and going BACK into the dartmouth office; forcing them to pick up the damn phone and call vancouver...

who'd like to place a bet on whether or not the drones behind the counter will comply this time?

at least the weather's been nice.
see you next week

2 comments:

Unknown said...

been suckered in. your blog is awesome and I still think squirrels are cool too K:-) D

Ian Thomson said...

now THAT'S what I call being suckered in...

6 x posts K.D. = I'm flattered.

Squirrels Rock!!