Monday, June 11, 2012

LA 3...



...D

I spent my wednesday hanging out at the Steadicam factory.

Picking up my re-trued gimbal, buying a smoothee (type of mini-rig); and lunching with team amsterdam (mexican food is very good in LA)

In the evening, I visited one of the most upmarket plaza/mall places I've ever seen (it had a synchronised water spout-feature-thing, and its own tram!), to check out the Titanic re-release... in 3D... I'd forgotten how massive that film was, even with the digital effects - there's no escaping that they BUILT things, and put lots of people on camera = epic filmmaking at its best.

Thursday; and it was back into the touristy stuff - visiting the Getty centre for some random wanderings and photography.


The Getty Centre - it's like an art museum...





...with funky architecture...





...see... funky!





there was also a Herb Ritts exhibit, and since I'm a sucker for photos... (actually one of the main reasons I visited the centre = it was worth it)





lots of paintings, these two by Monet were my favorites





I just dig the impressionists.





more wacky-buildings





and a freeway...





texture and contrast #1





texture and contrast #2





Man punching horse.




It was time to find a coffee - and I'd been seeing banners all over town advertising some Warner Brothers TV history Museum, off to Rodeo Drive...





kid coveting a Bugatti Veyron





mummy, can I get a TV that's inside a polar bear?





Entrance to the museum





it mostly consisted of memos (seriously) plasted on the walls, and small sections devoted to props and costumes from various WB produced TV shows.





Objects from the desk of CJ Craig (West Wing)





John Carters lab coat (ER)





Character Design instructions for classic WB cartoons





signed cell from the Flintstones





oh yeah - I did find a coffee (surprisingly, it wasn't a zillion dollars)

nearing the late part of the afternoon, I was craving elevation (thinking of capturing a sunset)

best I could find was some roy-rogers park thing - not wanting to spend $30 park entry fees for a half hour hike, I decided instead to head up the coast towards Malibu.





saw a deer on the way down the hill





arrived right on the last rays of the sunset.


well, that's the weakest of my 4 recaps. wasn't really feeling it today = got a lot on my mind, big things are in motion, and I'll reveal more when I can.

'till then, one more recap to go = searching for some unique landscapes.

No comments: