Saturday, July 02, 2011

heading...


...east.

Last friday I was offered a job swinging boom on a 1/2hr comedy series for the CBC (canadian version of the ABC). Even though it's taking me away from a great summer in Vancouver; it does promise an interesting summer in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Since I've never made it past Toronto before; it didn't take too much convincing to sign-me up.

There wasn't much time to pack my life, so a fair bit of stuff is still in my room in North Van; along with my car...

Photos from the trip.


I didn't realise that orcas came in pink... awesome, I'll take two.





flying east from Toronto



After 6 hrs of flight, and 10 hrs of travel (I love timezones); the last thing I wanted to do was go exploring... and it was actually getting dark (at 2100 instead of the usual 2130) so I demolished a quick slice of pizza; a glass of raspberry wine, and had an early night.

The next day started slow... (it's 4 hrs earlier here, so I was up at 1000); and being Canada-Day, nothing was open.

Hmmm... need coffee... find coffee; go for a walk.



taking a little stroll along the water-front, there were a lot of ships...





...and boats (like theodore the tug-boat)





I have a serious problem. For some reason, whenever I get to a new city; I forget to eat... it's 1700, and all I've had is a coffee... Time to put something in the belly.





when in rome... eat romans? when in Halifax... eat fish+chips.





lunch with a view...





...and competition. Surprisingly the seagulls are a lot less aggressive than I'm used to back home.





theodore the tug-boat again.





sun setting behind the big cable-bridge, connecting Halifax and Dartmouth.





Sunset.





view down from my 9th-floor balcony.





view from my accommodation = looking at the Atlantic (behind the big cranes on the right...)

It's quite fun when the fog rolls-in. I still can't believe that I'm actually here looking at the Atlantic. (yesterday morning I was peeking a look at the pacific...)


Today was spent setting up my life for the next 9-weeks... computer-monitor/food/drink/hand-weights/coffee-grinder... y'know, the essentials.

I think tonight will be the perfect time to watch some giant F*cking robots, fighting (#3). aka Massive summer movie #1

see ya.

No comments: