Thursday, March 10, 2011

SPF15+...


...or die!

about a month ago - a friend asked if I'd like to head to the beach. We ended up heading over to north stradbroke island (just off the coast of brisbane)

once every summer - I head to the beach, and forget to look after myself - skin-wise...

as a consequence of this sunscreen neglect - I ended up burning pretty badly, and peeling over the next few weeks.


photos. (but not of the peeling skin - that'd just be gross...)


'dead-mans' beach and one of the lifesaving flags that you swim between



kids at the point, body-boarding on the back-wash (waves that form after hitting the rocks?)



woo-hoo



Mark - exiting the surfing area



people heading to one of the breaks...



...then waiting for a wave



walking down to look off the cliffs



looking back at the inlet



danger! danger!



seriously - danger!



mark readying to jump (off an entirely safer and smaller set of rocks than the danger signs - those things are there for a reason)



Jump



Turtle hanging out in the waters of the inlet

what else have I been up to?

- still bridge-climbing (although I've handed in my notice) - I recently exceeded 150+ climbs

- recorded a TVC yesterday


I bought a new lens - a 50mm F1.4 with internal focus



which has amazingly shallow depth of filed

what's next

- Selling my Car (which fills me with sadness) - anyone want a well-loved MY03 Forester XS with really low Kms and new tyres/suspension/clutch?

- Buying a cheap car to leave in Australia

- figuring out just what I need to take to canada (in 18days!)

see ya

No comments: