Friday, August 06, 2010

Laid...


...off

The 5 weeks of Sydney project #1 are done.

Look out for Laid. (also known as "like a virgin") sometime in February on ABC 1

no rest for the wicked apparently; as my next job starts on Monday.

aside from the extremely late nature of their contract negotiations (Friday lunchtime, for a Monday start!), it could prove to be a photographic bonanza. We're filming two of the scheduled four weeks on an island in Sydney Harbour. Other locations include an "afghani desert" and "subterranean tunnels", should be good.

this of course means that I won't be returning to Brisbane until at least the 2nd week of September.

when I get there a small break may be required.

I'm currently feeling a little broken (or is it just tired?)

upon re-charging, it'll be all plans Canada.

Photo time.

For some reason on the way to dropping off my laundry, (where are the 24hr coin machine laundries?... c'mon Sydney, you can do better than this), I was struck by the interesting shapes and textures.




nice contrast in building styles




signs




dutch-angle




great brick texture.




love the peeling paint.



more photos from the last few weeks




awesome light on location ('twas in someones kitchen)




My car ticked over 70,000kms (I bought it at 32,600)




Bondi Junction's design (interesting angles again)




TV sets on the curb.




cliff-top setting.




the shroud of Mystery - what exactly is the operator framing for under there?... who knows. Just keep out of his shot




on location at an aquarium




office-set, palm-tree and soldier.




Indoor Cricket Stedi-cam




You might be wondering about the photo at the head of this post.

yes - I've finally joined the dark-side. Pictured are my new Mac Mini, LED back-lit LCD from LG (try saying that 3 times fast), keyboard, speaker, and "magic" trackpad (not quite magic - but pretty damn good.) Somehow I managed to avoid the mac world for MANY years (excluding use of an Ipod nano - which worked very well with my PC), but the form/design of the mini should allow me to pack and travel to canada pretty easily (pick up a new screen locally). Why not a laptop?, well I could get something pretty much as powerful, only $600 less, and without the annoying restrictions of a laptop design (fixed screen/keyboard placement etc).

Infact, the whole lot was about half what I paid for my home PC (admittedly that was a few years ago)

Ok, time to head off in search of coffee (weekends are very tough without the Film-crew's Unit department), and try to sort out the washing for another 4 weeks of work.

cheers
eewee

No comments: