Wednesday, January 20, 2010

the-never-ending-day...


...is finally over.

caught 4 films on the plane during the 16hr non-stop flight from Sydney. (in the loop, all about steve, surrogates, funny people)

after activating my visa (no problems this time), almost losing my ski-boots, and picking up the rental car; I battled my many many years of fighting to stay on the LEFT side of the road... and spent the day driving around Vancouver, taking a few photos, buying a street directory, and new ski-socks

I've also sorted out my phone situation

Canadian cellphone number = (604) 727 9690

I'm impossibly tired right now, but since I've managed to stay-up; hopefully It'll help to avoid the inevitable jet-lag...

tomorrow = sorting out a bank account, Social Insurance Number, calling a few people to catch up, and looking around.

see ya

Oh, almost forgot - photos from day 1


waiting to board my brisbane-sydney flight



Ian getting arty with his new cameras' macro focus feature


aside from displaying an impressive amount of hollywood junk, the screen in front of me was also able to display an indicator of our global progress, along with speed, altitude, distance remaining, arrival time, various global times, even a nifty graphic depicting day/night+map+us (it helped me to prepare for the sunset)



hwy 1 crossing the second narrows heading north (ironworkers memorial bridge)



fantastic marina with vancouvers downtown in the BG



another angle overflowing with the pretty



twas a giant floating olympic ring-barge-thing



marker to let the joggers/mothers-with-a-pram know how far they have come



sea-plane lining up a landing in the burrard inlet.

ok, now it really is time to sleep.

see ya

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, yeah, Vancouver, Olympics etc etc.... get to the real point: was "All About Steve" as bad as they say??!?

Ian Thomson said...

nope, certainly had its moments... of crap... but not as bad as i was expecting.

in the loop was ok (faux doco style)

surrogates was shite

funny people was way too long (but go team Bana, yay)