Friday, February 15, 2019

positivity #44


After 8 and a half years, I've upgraded from my bottom of the barrel mac mini...

...to a middle of the road (new) mac mini.

It's already noticeably faster when editing images, and (once I get the cable issues sorted) will allow me to see in crystal clear resolutions completely unheard of in a crappy micro PC from 2010.

Turns out that the cable I'd purchased off amazon several weeks ago in anticipation of upgrading was incorrectly labelled. I didn't actually open the packet, and have now missed the deadline to lodge a return... so another one has been ordered, hopefully it's not a repeat of the same.


curse-you incorrect sticker-label!

Until things have settled down, I have both the old and the new computers, hooked up to the dual monitors - so there are two keyboards, and two mice/trackpads, letting me control two separate systems...

potential productivity overload!  Just need something to be productive about.

No comments: