Wednesday, May 31, 2017

WTF #8

It baffles me that there are so many people in Nova Scotia who complain about how high taxes are; and then actively choose to avoid engaging in a vote to decide who gets to direct that money...

I might have personally found the provincial election results dissapointing, but the lack of a voter turnout truly feels like a slap in the face.

It's looking like there were more people who 'could' vote, and 'chose' not to; than there were people who elected a ruling party into another 'majority' government.

That's so crazy that I feel like I need to repeat it again = there were 'more' people who avoided voting, than the number who voted 'for' the "majority" government... Seriously?!?!?

I can live here, work here, buy a house here, and pay taxes here - but I can't be involved in making a decision about the direction of those tax-dollars?

Yet people who endlessly complain about how those in power are ruining everything, can choose to not vote, and continue to complain about the results?

Citizenship can't come quick enough!

...I mean it LITEREALLY can't come quick enough.

No comments: