Monday, January 21, 2013

Big News!...

...It's been a while.

Just noticed that I haven't even completed my Iceland photo updates...

that may have to be bumped back a little, because I have news.



The 1st of December 2012 was an interesting day.

I'd just shaved my Movember moustache (which was, let's face it; quite ridiculous)

I also received an email from the Nova Scotian office of immigration, confirming that they'd received my application for permanent residency.

since they couldn't tell me how long it would take to review, I decided to mark the time by growing a beard.

52 days later, and I'm finally able to shave :)

I am now allowed to send an application to the Canadian office of citizenship and immigration as an official provincial nominee of Nova Scotia.

as long as the government is satisfied that I'm not dangerous, unhealthy, or any kind of risk; then I'll be offered permanent residency...

Again, I have no idea how long it will take for them to make their decision, so I guess it's time to re-start the beard.

let's hope that I only manage to grow some stubble this time.





All the best, 

Ian




3 comments:

Amy said...

That's one scary mug shot! End of movember or are you in jail? What's the big news?

Amy said...

That's one scary mug shot! End of movember or are you in jail? What's the big news?

Ian Thomson said...

G'day Amy, guessing I was updating the blog post when you were commenting. Sorry 'bout that

The big news is that the Nova Scotia office of Immigration has accepted my application for the 'community identified' stream of the 'Provincial Nomination Program', for Permanent Residency to Canada... (phew... that's a long one)

I can now officially apply to the National Level of immigration canada, and as long as I'm deemed "safe" (police records etc) they'll offer me permanent residency

exciting times.

Ian