Friday, December 03, 2010

Long hours, fatigue, and body-lice...


...three things I've encountered in the first three weeks of the film.

The first: Long Hours - has meant that for the second time in my career, I've nearly exceeded my weekly wage in overtime...

The second: fatigue - usually stems from the first (14+hrs on-set, with almost an hour and 15mins travel each way on some days...)

The third: body-lice - is courtesy of our Tweed-river location.

Most people who know me, also know that I don't do so well on small boats. Day 1 on the river wasn't so good (queasy at lunch from all the rock'n'rollin) so Day 2 was spent on the shore; by day 3; I was itching like crazy.

The rash that came up scared me so much, that my only day off (Sunday after 6-day week) was spent in a doctors office getting prescription chemicals to burn the little f*ckers off my skin.

5 treatments and a whole bunch of discarded clothing/sheets later; I'm still itchy - but recovering...

Photos


The Grips slaughtered a unicorn - its head a warning to anyone soft and fluffy...




super-awesome crane-rig for a pool-shot




arch-way on-set




shooting film...




Macro shot of a fly on location




pretty location




looking back at the cliff




Filming in small boats on a river in northern NSW




Stills Photographer on a boat




love the instructions - turtle = slow, rabbit = fast




arty clouds at sunset




Border mountain range QLD/NSW




don't spend a day hanging out in Scrubland... it'll end badly




arty plants




nicely framed speed sign




arty grass




pretty sunset in colour




Filming in a swamp 'aint the most fun you can have.




smoke+canopy = cool rays of light




dolly-shot in the water




don't go over the crumbly cliff - stay safe kiddies




Truck-loader and sound recordist




stick-insect catchin' a ride on the camera-head.


Well, I'm off the film for a week - hiking in Fiordland NZ until the 12th December.
phone will be off, and I don't imagine there'll be internet access, so catch you all once I'm done.

Ian

No comments: