Friday, August 03, 2007

my 3 phone...



...lied to me. It’s not able to roll-back onto the Telstra network; at least not in Kununurra, WA.

That’s right we’re in Kununurra; the 2nd charter flight of crew arrived yesterday after a (slightly delayed) 6+1/2 hr flight from Sydney.

I personally don’t mind the accommodation I’m in (backpacker-style basic-motel-room), but quite a few seem a little miffed at the state of “CAMP AUSTRALIA” – the official name of “Maui world” (the campervan township that’s been set-up to handle the additional number of crew).

I Haven’t seen the set yet, but from what we’re hearing it’s absolutely amazing. Perhaps the extra time spent shooting in Sydney was a blessing in disguise...

My real camera is on the freighter carrying our excess equipment and luggage, so I’m going to hold-off on the photo-taking, until I can do it properly.

I have no idea what to do re: the phone situation. Here’s the dilemma;

Even if I purchase a brand-new phone, it still won’t work out on set – or on 2nd unit’s location (Tent-city); and we’re going to be working 15+hrs a day, 6 days a week any-how.

Getting calls from my number diverted to a new phone is difficult, expensive, and knowing my luck – they’ll screw it up anyway (I have a history of shocking customer service whenever I try to do something that isn’t VERY standard).

I’m thinking I’ll just suck it up and be un-reachable for the next 4 weeks or so...

Other things going on since I last posted.

- Noticed that i-tunes doesn’t recognise my CD burner (no biggie, but I can’t listen to any music I purchased in the car CD player...)

- I continue to be insanely jealous of anyone who was going skiing. Well now I’m crushed that my buddy will be shushing down the various mountains of New Zealand’s south island, and he won’t even be able to leave me a depressing phone message of his skis cutting a trail of destruction through the virgin powder.


In his honour, I present the following...

...PHOTOS FROM THE ARCHIVES

First up is a silhouette of Blake standing on the peak of Whistler Mountain, on the 7th February 2001.
Aka the Wednesday that time forgot...



Those of you who know the story; know that Blake, myself and Chris (an instructor friend of Blakes) went in search of powder snow on our day off, a few weeks since any had actually fallen.

Lured by the promise of a small amount of “fresh-tracks” we headed off down the back-side of Whistler mountain, expecting to re-join a trail known as “Kaibers-run”...

After 4 hours of hiking our way out we stumbled across...

The Praying Foetus.



A statue of snow; that resembled a small unborn-child in praying pose...
This snow-statue, if created naturally; was a freak-occurrence of epic proportions. If some degenerate actually CREATED it... I have no idea what could possess someone to make one of these... stuck halfway down a mountain, lost... it’s too monstrous to contemplate.

So Blake, enjoy the trip; you’ll have to annoy me with your tales and photos upon my return.

See ya, Ian

P.S. the internet is working ok until this coming Friday, when I disappear to 2nd unit.

No comments: