Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cattle...



...are normally pretty relaxed.

So sometimes cattle properties have to use use Helicopters to Muster (round-up) the cattle.

We’re doing the same thing...



The pilots are usually VERY nimble in their little craft, and pull some serious turns

2nd Unit is going well – the camping is turning out to be great, catering is still Fantastic; and I’ve been able to drive around and collect Atmospheres and sound FX using the uber-cool Surround-sound microphone.

As a part of my FX collection, I’ve been hanging out near the cattle guys when they collect the cows at the end of the day.

Here are a few shots.



The stockman’s 2nd best friend (behind his horse... of course) is the trail-bike



Aforementioned Stockman – closing the electric fence at the end of the day.


I finally went through the rest of my Emma gorge photos, and picked a few of the actual gorge...








Bonus shots



Arty-shot of the Cockburn (pronounced CO-burn) ranges; a fitting backdrop to our cattle action...



...and a shot of the local emu that stalks guests at diggers rest.

Ok that’s it for the moment.

I’m back on main-unit at the end of this week (2nd unit continues, but without any sound recording)

my 3-phone still doesn’t work in Kununurra, so email is best.

Ian

P.S.

Photo from the archives...



...Is a shot of customs house in Brisbane

No comments: