Tuesday, April 24, 2007

how to have a bad day.

it helps to start out waking up a little late (but not so late that it would make you relaxed as there's nothing you can do about it)

next, it's a good idea to have the horrid rain from the previous day stick around, and amp-up as you run for the car.

of course; no bad day would be complete without you reaching your car... in the rain... whilst running a little late... to find it's rear tire completely FLAT. not low, but flat. My guess is that in the flash-flooding during my extended drive home last night, I hit a stone (1/2 inch) and it lodged into my rear tire.

calling the local motoring organisation yields an estimated 75 min. wait.

all in all a pretty shocking start to the day, things can only go up from here; right?

well it does.

the NRMA guy called back within 5 mins; I had the spare tire (which was brand-new, and fully inflated) out and ready for changing. 5 mins later I'm battling traffic; which wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated.

arriving at the studios (within 15 mins of my estimated soft-call time), I find my security-pass ready to go (no more waiting in-line at the studio-gate....yay)

the day is a cruisy one, no major set-ups; a bit of sitting and waiting, nothing too stressful.

Lunch is skipped so I can battle traffic through the city and pick-up a replacement radio-mic transmitter and capsule from the "local" camera rental house/audio shop.

unfortunately I seem to have completely lost my sense of direction, and managed to take the wrong exit (just after paying a $4.50 toll), somehow I got onto the harbour bridge, and didn't pay another toll (so I guess I'll get a fine?), from there it was smooth sailing all the way.

the rain came and went, and came, then hammered us again, just as we were about to pack the trailer for our first (pre)shoot day outside on Thursday. again; fortune smiled pretty, and we were able to take the trailer into the sound-stage, packing inside.

a quick-trip home, to a new room (upstairs with a nicer view - it's now a brick-wall, instead of nothing).

wandered outside for a spot of take-away ($4 pad-thai chicken - yummm), then returned here to type-up my day.

tomorrow is undecided.

it's a public holiday (Anzac day) but we haven't yet decided if we'll go in and sort-out some of the excess gear.

okey dokey.

see ya

Ian

No comments: