Thursday, September 07, 2006

the 1st 3-days

started off with the whole airport thing...
Picked up a mascot (skip), listened to music and slept on the plane.

Arrived in christchurch, picked up the rental car, drove to the cathedral square, took some photos, then hit the road for Methven.

Next morning, up early to collect my buddy's skis etc, then drive the rocky-road up the mountain.

I haven't skied in 3 years - Leon more than 8, so we took it fairly easy on the beginner runs for the morning (whilst the snow was more like ice).

after a "reasonably priced" burger and cookie, we hit the rest of the mountain's softening snow (I hesitate to call it slush, as it's still relatively dry)

the rest of the day was simply amazing, trying to get my legs back, and remembering all the little things I used to be able to do.

totally wrecked.

Nice Dinner at the lodge.

Sleep

Ski day 2
up a little later, feeling the legs getting stiff.
not as good as the previous day - take a longer lunch.

Conditions improved, as did my skiing - I ditched the poles and focused on re-gaining control of my edges.

cool-fast-awesome.

this brings you up to date.

see ya

eewee

No comments: